Thursday, February 4, 2010

Waiting

Eric & I are thisclose to becoming homeowners. Anyone know what a kick-out clause is? I didn't until Monday. The seller of the house we would very much like to own is under contract to another buyer. That buyer has their own house to sell, so the contract allows the seller to cancel deal if they get another attractive offer before the buyer fulfills their end of the bargain. Given this opportunity, we decided to make a higher offer to said seller. She would now very much like to sell her house to us.

However. The first buyer has 48 hours to either sell their house, or come back with more enticing goodies for the seller. 48 hours starting from when we sign OUR contract with the seller. Which has yet to occur. I am waiting for our broker to show up with the papers. This is agonizing.

What a perfect exercise in staying positive. I'm planning to spend the next 48 hours distracting myself with knitting. I'm putting the finishing touches on Eric's sweater. I don't think I could be more proud of this thing unless I had carried it in my uterus for 9 months. My next post will include lavish, detailed pictures and lots of gloating.

Also on deck: a shawl for my friend Alicia. This shawl was started by her grandmother before she passed away last summer, and I have been commissioned by Alicia's mom to finish it. I can't possibly express how honored and touched I am that she asked me.

A trip to my favorite yarn store is pretty much inevitable. I have yarn to exchange (which means... more yarn!!!) and a class to attend, and I may seek out some expert advice for sewing in the hems of Eric's sweater. Provided I finish them by tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment