Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's

After enjoying a relaxing Christmas with my family (shocking to use the words relaxing and family in the same sentence) and 7 consecutive nights off from work, I almost got PTO last night. Well, I expected to ring in the New Year at MMC anyway. My charge nurse brought sparkling apple cider and plastic champagne glasses so we could all toast the beginning of 2010. Yep, I work with great people. Aside from a few pangs of regret, I had a good night, and I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back for staying positive.

Which brings me to the subject of New Year's resolutions. So many things happened in 2009 that have made me very very happy (more on that later). Life feels very full right now, and I love it. Sometimes I have a teensy problem keeping that in perspective. In 2010 I'm going to work on staying positive, being grateful, and being kind. It's a waste of time and energy to think that life isn't fair. Last night was a good night in part because I refused to focus on what could have been.

I don't have any other resolutions, just lots and lots (and lots) of plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment