Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ok, ok

8 things I'm looking forward to
  • My wedding in October
  • My honeymoon in November (Vieques, PR)
  • My trip to SF in August
  • My trip to VT in two weeks!
  • Baking more chocolate chip cookies this afternoon
  • Mother's Day 5k (after working Saturday night!)
  • My eight-day stretch of days off starting Wednesday
  • Summer
8 things I did yesterday
  • Fell out of my shoes on the way home from dinner (technically this happened Friday, but it's too priceless not to mention-- I have hideous painful scraped knees to show for it)
  • Watched Minnie Cat bounce off the window screen
  • Finished one of Vickie's extremely belated birthday gifts-- I promise I'll have them in the mail before the end of April!
  • Ate a very bad veggie burger at Gritty's while sitting out on the patio-- spring is finally here!
  • Bought a second pair of matchstick jeans and an adorable skirt at J.Crew in Freeport
  • Read about the different moral underpinnings of liberals and conservatives
  • Walked around Wolf's Neck Woods-- for about 15 minutes. It is not quite mini skirt weather, it turns out.
  • Watched three episodes of MI5 on Netflix
8 things I wish I could do
  • Apply mascara without smudging it into my eyelid every g-d time
  • Sew
  • Get rid of 50% of my material possessions
  • Decide whether or not I want kids
  • Be frugal consistently
  • Stop complaining
  • Spend a year travelling
  • Write a novel
8 things I can do well
  • Bake
  • Cook
  • Knit
  • Form opinions
  • Choose gifts
  • Catheterize female patients
  • Make scathing remarks
  • Give directions
8 shows I watch (mostly on DVD/internets)
  • The Biggest Loser-- don't judge me
  • The Amazing Race
  • MI5 (Matthew Macfadyen is dreamy)
  • The Wire
  • Six Feet Under
  • Deadwood
  • The Daily Show
  • anything involving makeovers sucks me right in-- good thing I don't have cable
8 favorite places I've been
  • Bay Area
  • Rome
  • Paris
  • Montreal
  • Portland, OR
  • The old IA building at Thornton Academy
  • Pratt House and Sewall House, Williams College
  • Ok, Maine. Whatever.
8 things I covet
  • A.P.C.
  • J.Crew ballet flats
  • NYRB Classics
  • Cheez-its
  • Dark chocolate
  • Independent wealth
  • Wine
  • The European lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment