Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reading list

In a bid to find something good to read AND save money, I have pulled the following off my own bookshelves, where they sat neglected:
  • A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  • The Right to Useful Unemployment by Ivan Illich (and I'm still working my way through Deschooling Society)
  • Trieste and the Meaning of Nowhere by Jan Morris
  • Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
  • The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty (who has possibly the greatest name ever)
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
  • Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
  • The Post-Office Girl by Stefan Zweig (which I mostly finished a couple of months ago)
This all sounds terribly high-minded, given the intense desire to re-read Harry Potter that came upon me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment