Thursday, November 5, 2009

Capital Improvements

I'm making some major additions to my knitting toolbox, courtesy of ebay. My favorite knitting needles on earth, the Addi Turbos, are quite expensive (up to $20/set at my local yarn store) and my collection has been growing very slowly. This is partly because I'm saving up for a set of Addi Click interchangeable circulars and I don't want to duplicate sizes, and partly because I have only recently realized the absolute necessity of having many different sizes available. The Addi Click set does not include 16" cables, so I decided to go hog wild and buy all the 16" sizes I was lacking-- for less than 50% retail! I try to support my LYS as much as possible, but $20 for a single cable needle is too much-- the shop lady even apologized to me last time I came to visit.

I'm in the planning phase of another major improvement to my knitting infrastructure-- a dedicated knitting corner in my bedroom. This will ideally include a dresser to hold my yarn stash and needles, a nice comfy chair and a good lamp-- hopefully the craigslist furniture section will come through for me. Eric is tired of finding my works-in-progress all over the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment