Monday, November 2, 2009

Reboot

Back in July, in the grip of wedding-planning-induced psychosis, I made the drastic and (it seemed at the time) necessary decision to take a blogging hiatus until I was legally married. Now I reap what I have sown-- one post since becoming Mrs. Chapman. It was a damn good post, I might add, but still.

I really do enjoy recording the minutiae of my life-- life, after all, is mostly minutiae. Living, it seems, has gotten in the way of recording. The past month has been one of the happiest of my life. Life is very full right now and also very uncomplicated. I wake up each day feeling like I know what I must do with my time, and, miraculously, I just DO it, without grumbling or guilt. I have been without this kind of clarity for a long time.

One thing I have been doing a lot of is knitting. I have six projects right now! Three are pretty much finished, one is nearly so, and two are in infancy. Over the past year, knitting has become more than a hobby-- more like a full-time obsession. I knit at work and wish knitting was my job. I rarely sit down without yarn in my hands. I'm getting a bit anxious because I don't have a project to bring on vacation with me in two weeks. Scary.

So I think I'm going to make knitting the focus of this blog for a while and see what happens. Since I don't have many readers, there's not much to lose. Fair enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment