Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Eight new/old books (and one I already had-- oops)

May is whizzing by, and I'm not sticking to my reading list. I can't even find Gilead. It was really good, too. Damn.

I acquired the following from Cunningham's and Crow Books (in Portland and Burlington, respectively):
  • The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton (currently reading, but I left it at work, and now I'm home sick with my third freaking cold of 2009. Fuck.)
  • The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford
  • Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
  • Vineland by Thomas Pynchon
  • A Month in the Country by J.L. Carr (turns out I have this already-- ok, I knew I had this already, but I had to have the NYRB Classics edition. Anyone want to read a very lovely short novel?)
  • Will You Please Be Quiet, Please? by Raymond Carver
  • The Hill Bachelors by William Trevor-- have to shout out Nicole for giving me my first William Trevor book Cheating at Canasta. He effing rocks.
  • Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote.
  • By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept by Elizabeth Smart. Love the title.
I have two crates of books to sell at Yes Books-- this weekend, I hope. I'm going to try very hard to take the check rather than store credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment