Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy place

A day without work is not unvaryingly a great day-- a PTO day unvaryingly is. PTO has to be the best acronym on the face of the earth. For those not in the medical/shift work line, PTO is when they call you at 5:30PM and tell you to stay home for the night-- after you have woken at 4PM, washed dishes, and worked out in anticipation of work. So the deck is clear for whatever spontaneous good times may be rolling by:
  • A trip to the beach in glorious weather. It rained hard about the time I got out of bed today, but the clouds were gone by the time Eric came home and I got my call out. We headed to Kettle Cove. We had the place almost entirely to ourselves. Maine really is a wonderful place sometimes.
  • The open flag was flying at the Kettle Cove Dairy Bar. Opening day! Sweet! My favorite place to indulge (sensibly-- I always get the kiddie cone) in creamy goodness while rolling my eyes (discreetly) at the Mercedes station-wagon set.
  • Sipping tea, blogging, and waiting patiently for my spinach frittata (courtesy of Chef Eric)-- which beats the bejesus out of working. AND I get to sleep TWICE today!
So, nothing could really add any luster to the day, besides the acquisition of something expensive and adorable... that arrived in my mailbox today:


No those are not my feet. And yes, while searching for this image, I found 4+ other pairs of shoes that I may die without. These are now sold out in my size, so I feel vindicated in yielding so readily to temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment